Selected points of this article hide
HVAC means heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. An Industrial HVAC system comprises several parts that perform crucial heating, ventilating and air conditioning in a building. Without these parts, it is safe to say that an HVAC system would work ineffectively. Alpha Energy breaks down these HVAC parts and explains why they are useful to an entire Industrial HVAC system.
Useful to an entire Industrial HVAC system
- The furnace is often confused with boilers, but these are two different appliances for HVAC. It is usually located in a basement since it takes up a lot of space in an industrial HVAC system. It is responsible for moving air from the heat exchanger to the air ducts.
- People usually assume that the heat exchanger is part of the furnace in an Industrial HVAC system, but that is not the case despite the heat exchanger being located inside the furnace. The heat exchanger has the function to add heat to the air coming from the combustion chamber.
- As the heat exchanger, another component is mistaken to be part of the furnace because it is located inside the furnace; this is the evaporation coil. There is a fluid called refrigerant, which causes cooling called a refrigerant. In the evaporation coil, the refrigerant runs through it, and the coil absorbs the heat from the air passing through. When heat is absorbed from the air, the air becomes cool and flows through the ducts to your rooms.
- Refrigerant tubes are metallic tubes found in an Industrial HVAC system. They connect the condensing unit and the evaporating coil. Since the condensing coil is found outdoors while the evaporating coil is located indoors, these tubes connect the outdoors to the indoors. These tubes carry the condensing fluid from the condensing unit to the evaporating coil and return the gas to the condensing unit. Connecting these two components implies that these tubes carry the refrigerant at varying temperatures.
- The condensing unit is like the evaporator coil. It is cube-shaped and is found outside for an outdoor HVAC unit. Like the evaporating coil, it exchanges heat with air that passes through it. However, the difference between the two other than one being found indoors while the other is outside is that, while the heat exchanger takes up the heat from the incoming air, a condenser unit emits heat to the air passing over it.
- A thermostat is the most known part of an industrial HVAC system, and it regulates the air conditioning and heating system depending on the temperature you set. Thanks to technology, you can control your temperature even when not at home, thus saving your house’s energy consumption.
- Ductwork and vents. The air ducts transport the air throughout the house, distributing it to each room; however, the air enters the room through vents, which are rectangular covers. These rectangular covers can be found on the floor or the ceiling of a house.
- An Industrial HVAC system also consists of a heat pump that takes heat from inside to outside in hot months. During winter, it takes the heat from outside to inside.
The Industrial HVAC systems available at Alpha Energy Solutions have these parts to ensure unbeatable efficiency. You can contact us for any inquiries or maintenance issues regarding Industrial HVAC systems.
Alpha Energy Solutions 7200 Distribution Dr, Louisville, KY 40258
Alpha Energy Solutions
7200 Distribution Drive
Louisville, KY 40228
United States (US)
Phone: (888) 212-6324
Fax: (866) 296-8035
Fax: (866) 296-8035
|Monday||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday||Open 24 hours|
|Friday||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday||Open 24 hours|
|Sunday||Open 24 hours|