Temperatures hovered around zero degrees in the Midwest the first week of January. For Alpha Energy Solutions, that meant many customers became concerned about keeping their buildings heated and comfortable. The most common cause of concern during cold weather is frozen pipes.
- Insulate all accessible pipes using pipe insulation.
- Keep all exterior entry, exit, and overhead doors to unheated spaces closed as much as possible during the winter months.
- Ensure that all cracks, holes, and other openings on the exterior walls are sealed tightly with caulk or insulation to prevent cold air from penetrating the wall cavity.
- If any pipes are located adjacent to exterior walls or within base-cabinets or in closets, leave the cabinet/closet doors open or use a fan to increase warm air circulation around the pipes.
- Pay close attention to local weather reports for notice of extreme weather. When extreme cold weather is predicted, let all faucets drip to prevent freezing of the water inside the pipe, and if freezing does occur, to relieve pressure buildup in the pipes between the ice blockage and the faucet. The pressure buildup is the actual cause of bursting pipes.
Call on the Alpha Energy Solutions plumbing department to winterize your pipes. And remember, we’re available 24/7 if your facility does require emergency service.
Alpha Energy Solutions
Fax: (866) 296-8035
|Monday||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday||Open 24 hours|
|Friday||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday||Open 24 hours|
|Sunday||Open 24 hours|