To keep your home comfort system operating properly, it is important to perform seasonal maintenance. Below is an excellent Spring HVAC maintenance checklist with tips on how to best maintain your HVAC system and reduce energy costs in your home all year around.
HVAC System Maintenance
- Trim bushes and shrubs around outdoor units to allow at least two feet of clearance around.
- Remove leaves and debris from inside the unit’s top grille.
- Replace your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump air filter monthly. Dirty filters reduce operating efficiency by restricting airflow.
- Schedule a Spring Tune-up for your HVAC system.
- Clean gutters and downspouts to ensure proper drainage.
- Check downspouts and gutters for stability and make sure downspouts slope away from your house. Water should be carried at least 5 ft. from your foundation walls.
- Check window and door seals and weatherstripping. Replace if necessary.
- Check windows for condensation and walls for water stains-signs of too much humidity.
- Keep your home’s relative humidity between 30-50%. Consult an indoor air quality professional for expert advice on the right equipment options to control your home’s humidity.
Reduce Home Energy Costs
- Caulk, seal and add weatherstripping around doors and windows to reduce air leaks.
- Wash full loads in your dishwasher and clothes washer.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) instead of standard incandescent bulbs.
- Install a programmable thermostat to control your home’s temperature.
- When it’s time to replace your heating and air conditioning system, consult professionals trained in helping you choose the right energy efficient system for your home, such as ENERGY STAR® qualified models, which will help reduce your energy costs by up to 30%.
- Check air ducts for leaks, including holes or separated sections.
- Have your HVAC equipment tuned-up by HVAC Equipment Installation.
Now is the time to schedule Spring maintenance for your home’s HVAC system. There is nothing better you can do for your home’s heating and air conditioning system than have seasonal preventative maintenance done by residential HVAC professionals. This is the perfect time to make sure your home’s air conditioning system is prepared for the arrival of summer.
Alpha Mechanical Service offers seasonal preventative maintenance plans to help keep your home comfort system in peak operating condition so you can enjoy comfort and energy savings all year.
Call today to schedule your Spring HVAC check-up or to learn more about the advantages of a Seasonal Preventative Maintenance Plan from Alpha Mechanical Service.
Toll Free: (888) 212-6324 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alpha Mechanical Residential Preventative Maintenance Plans
- HVAC Equipment Installation
- Indoor Air Quality Solutions
- ENERGY STAR® HVAC System Maintenance Checklist
- Choosing the Right HVAC System